Tuesday 27 December 2011

Top 10 Books I've Read in 2011


Organised by A Life Bound By Books, Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun and Two Chicks on Books, Top 10 of 2011 is an event to connect bloggers from all over to share their Top 10 lists. Make sure to visit one of their sign up posts.

Today I'll be sharing my top reads of this year. Feel free to share your favourite reads below!

As always, the covers link to Goodreads.

Title: The House of Silk, a Sherlock Holmes Novel
Author: Anthony Horowitz
Publisher: Orion, 294 pages (November 1st 2011)

I'm a bit on a Sherlock Holmes spree here and The House of Silk was just perfect for that. The mystery had me guessing 'till the very end, I didn't see it coming at all.

Title: Blood Work
Author: Kim Harrison
Publisher: Random House, 176 pages (July 12th 2011)

My first graphic novel ever, but as all of Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan books I just tore through it. And now I want to read more graphic novels!
Title: Darkness Becomes Her
Author: Kelley Keaton
Publisher: Simon Pulse, 273 pages (February 22nd 2011)
My Review

A perfect mix of paranormal and mythology. Darkness Becomes Her stars one of my favourite heroines of all times. Part two in the series should come out soon, I can't wait!
Title: Dark Lover
Author: J.R. Ward
Publisher: Signet, 416 pages (April 11th 2007)
My Review

I never expected to like paranormal romance this much, but the Black Dagger Brotherhood made me love them instantly. I especially love that the heroines are just as strong as the heroes.

Title: The Vespertine
Author: Saundra Mitchell
Publisher: Harcourt, 293 pages (March 7th 2011)
My Review

This was one of the first historical romances I ever really loved. Normally I just can't stand the romance, but The Vespertine's was amazing.
Title: Darkfever
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Publisher: Delacorte Press, 382 pages (October 31th 2006)
My Review

I have officially caught the Fever! I breezed through the first four books this year, and I'm looking forward to read the last part in the series soon!

Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Publisher: Scholastic, 374 pages (October 1st 2008)

I was very surprised by this one. But I only loved The Hunger Games. I liked Catching Fire, and hated Mockingjay with my guts. Still, The Hunger Games is one of my favourite reads this year.
Title: Ascendant
Author: Diana Peterfreund
Publisher: HarperTeen, 392 pages (September 28th 2010)

The second book in the Killer Unicorn series, Ascendant was even better than the first one (which I gave five stars also). It has action, love, loss and so much more. 

You can also read my review for the first book in the series, Rampant.

Title: The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls
Author: Emilie Autumn
Publisher: Emilie Autumn Ent. LLC, 274 pages (December 15th 2009)

I have been a fan of Emilie Autumn's music for years, so when the second edition of her book came out with signed book plate I instantly ordered it. Part autobiography, part fiction this is one of the best books I ever read. If you want to know what it's like to be in an actual mental hospital, this is a perfect read.

Title: Holes
Author: Louis Sachar
Publisher: Yearling, 256 pages (May 9th 2000)

This book was AWESOME. If you haven't already, read it. It was so much better than I expected it to be. I can't really write a review about it, but I can recommend it as much as possible!

3 comments:

Steph (Poetry to Prose) said...

Oooh, yes, the Fever books were excellent. I read them all back-to-back and it was quite the experience. I hope you enjoy the conclusion! :D

My Top Ten

Celine said...

@ Stephanie, thanks! (: Oh they're definitely an experience, haha

Jessica said...

I loved Holes, too! I read it ages ago and I thought I wouldn't like it either.

Jessica @ Books: A true story

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: