Tuesday 27 December 2011

Top 10 Book Covers of 2011


Organised by A Life Bound By Books, Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun and Two Chicks on Books, Top 10 of 2011 is an event to connect bloggers from all over to share their Top 10 lists. Make sure to visit one of their sign up posts.

Today I'll be sharing my favourite book covers. I haven't read all of these books, but I did drool over their pretty covers! Feel free to share your favourite covers below.

As always, the covers link to Goodreads.


Title: Hourglass
Author: Myra McEntire
Publisher: Egmond USA, 400 pages (June 14th 2011)

Everything from the pose, the dress, the hair is absolutely perfect. By far my favourite cover of 2011.


Title: So Silver Bright
Author: Lisa Mantchev
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends, 354 pages (September 13th 2011)

I love all the covers of the Théâtre Illuminata series. I read the first one, Eyes Like Stars this year and the inside matches the beautiful outside! 


Title: The Vespertine
Author: Saundra Mitchell
Publisher: Harcourt, 293 pages (March 7th 2011)

This book was also featured on yesterday's list as one of my favourite 2011 reads. It has a great historical atmosphere, and let's face it, I'm a sucker for dresses.


Title: Carrier of the Mark
Author: Leigh Fallon
Publisher: HarperTeen, 342 pages (October 14th 2011)

I love how the letters become white where her dress is. The cover has a simplicity that makes it very pretty. I haven't read this book, and I'm not sure if I want to. It sounds a bit like a Twilight-lookalike. It is set in Ireland though, which seems interesting... If you've read it, let me know what you think? (:


Title: Sweetly
Author: Jackson Pearce
Publisher: Little Brown, 312 pages (August 23rd 2011)

The branches make a creepy face! How cool is that. I read the first book in this standalone series, Sisters Red, and I really enjoyed it. This is a modernisation of Hansel and Gretel and the cover fits perfectly.


Title: The Replacement
Author: Brenna Yovanoff
Publisher: Razorbill, 343 pages (September 21th 2010)

I know I'm kind of cheating here because this version of the book was published in 2010. You can see the 2011 cover here. I very, very much prefer the old one. It looks so creepy and mysterious. A bit twisted and horror-ish in a not gross way.


Title: Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Inc, 390 pages (July 12th 2011)

All the covers in this series look soooo good in real life. I got the boxed set for Christmas and they're beautiful. A fun touch is that the font inside matches the colour of the cover. The letters in Forever are red for instance. I don't know how this will effect readability, but it looks good.


Title: Wise Man's Fear
Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Publisher: Gollancz, 994 pages (March 1st 2011)

I have a little crush on big books like this. It's one of the best epic fantasy covers I've come across. It has the character in a battle pose, but this one is more mysterious with the shadows and the autumn leaves.


Title: Everneath
Author: Brodi Ashton
Publisher: Harper Collins, 384 pages (January 24th 2012)

Okay, I know I'm cheating again here. It's not exactly published yet, but I did read it this year. I can tell you it's really good. My review will be up on the publication date. I love the red dress that matches the red letters, and that her dress looks to be turning to dust at the bottom.


Title: Darkness Becomes Her
Author: Kelly Keaton
Publisher: Simon Pulse, 273 pages (February 22nd 2011)

I have no idea why I like this one because it doesn't really resemble anything, yet I'm still very much drawn in by this one. I can't wait 'till the second part comes out!

11 comments:

roro said...

nevr heard of wise man fear looking it up now
gr8 list
my top covers of 2011

Celine said...

@ Roro, Thanks! I loved part one in that series, The Name of the Wind.

Patricia said...

Yet another list I'm incredibly jealous of. Why didn't I pick these covers? ;(

I love the old The Replacement cover. I only have the new one, which I won this year, but I might buy the other one, too, if I enjoy the read enough. *grin*

All my best,
Patricia

Celine said...

@ Patricia, Haha aww, don't be jealous! I'm coming across so many great book covers at other people's blogs too.. Ten picks just doesn't quite cut it (: I hope you enjoy The Replacement! The (old) cover is stunning at least.

Unknown said...

I love Hourglass, Everneath, and Carrier of the Mark. They are so pretty. I love books with fancy dresses on them.
My Top 10 Book Covers of 2011

Celine said...

@ Jennifer, I agree (: I wouldn't mind owning some of those dresses..

Nea said...

I love the cover of Everneath! :)

Raihana said...

Hourglass is awesome

Hope you can follow my blog :)

http://spirit-of-books.blogspot.com/

Keturah said...

So Silver Bright's dress is beautiful and so is Everneath! The red just pops! :D

Keturah
My Top 10 Covers

test said...

Ohh you definitely owned this! It is no doubt you have a good taste for awesome covers ;) great picks! So Silver Bright almost made it on my list but I think it's just like Witch Song and Everneath is a 2012 released if it was not mentioned only 2011 released should be on the list.

Here' s my Top 10 Book Cover of 2011

Jay @ We Fancy Books

A Life Bound By Books said...

GREAT books you have listed! Some amazing covers... and I love that you included Darkness Becomes Her. It's a great book and the cover does have an affect on me too. Not sure what, but it does pull me in. Can't wait for the sequel.

-Lisa

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: